1/19/2014

Request for support letter

Spoon is in the final stages of getting a petition ready to the Governor of California. He is asking to get his sentence commuted. Spoon sent out the request below for support letters a few months ago. Now they are all collected and will soon be sent together with all the paper work.

Dear family, friends and realness people – loved ones across Mother Earth!

I may be just whistling or playing my flute in the dark, where no one else can hear me, but I am asking you to write a letter on my behalf to the honorable governor of California Jerry Brown asking him to commute my LWOP sentence. No LWOP has ever been granted commutation or given a second chance. Thus even if the little light or wave we can create may be like spitting in a pond. Who am I to request a physical second chance? I really don't like waiting to hear back from a government, a group of people in Sacramento who really don't know me, and have them decide my fate. Yet, some friends and fellow artists say I must try. So here I am. With basically no expectations, but realness in my heart and walk.
Either way I will keep flowing and keep realness alive even after my last breath. Peace and realness.

Spoon

1 comment:

  1. Dear Spoon!
    Good luck, I just emailed the gouvenor. Fingers crossed, GOOD LUCK
    With love Linn Carrol

    ReplyDelete