7/08/2014

Diary from New Folsom 2013



May 2
This morning the theater window opened with a new geese family and four fresh goslings on the backside of the cell block. I had my poetry class today and did silent writing for most of the class. It has been twelve weeks since I ran my poetry class. A free poet came in and did a twelve week pilot program on a grant from William James Association to show how positive Arts In Corrections can be if allowed back inside California prisons. It went well. After silent writing I had my students read their poems. However, it has been a frustrating day. Sometimes it feels like I have very high highs and very low lows, only moments apart. I get edgy and verbally mean or silent and don't answer even when spoken to. Yes, I know that is rude. I don't like being that way, but sometimes feelings of darkness are so thick and sad, I must go silent, and in that silence, I get away for a moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment